Demonstrations of YU Kaltura Media Package
This page presents demonstrations of YU Kaltura Media Package.
In each sub-page, we introduce summary of the package by using movies delivered from our Kaltura CE cluster.
- The demonstration movies are silent.
- In demonstration movies, we use original video player. System administrators can create and employ their own video playes.
- We employ MPEG-DASH as streaming protocol. So that, the demonstration movies do not support some old browser (ex. the Internet Explorer on Microsoft Windows 7).
- We will do version up of the Kaltura CE cluster every season. You cannot play the demo movies during the maintenance period.
My Media (Media Gallery)
- Upload media from movie file
- Each media file is uploaded to the Kaltura server via the Moodle site.
- Upload media from web-camera
- You can take a video by using PC's web-camera and upload the video.
- Preview media
- You can preview your media in media gallery.
- Edit metadata of media
- You can edit metadata (name, tags, and descriptions) of each media in media gallery.
- Access restriction of media
- You can set accessiable range of your media.
- Embed code and link URL
- In order to embed your media in other web sites, you can use embed code of your media. And, you can view media's link URL.
- Download source file of media
- You can download source file of your media.
- Delete media
- You can delete your media by using the media gallery.
- Page jump, Sorting, and Search
- Other manipulations to media gallery.
- Create resource module in Moodle course (Teachers only)
- Teachers can create a resource module in their Moodle courses.
- Play movie resource
- If media type is "movie" or "audio", a movie player is embedded in Moodle course.
- Play image resource
- If media type is "image", the image is directly embedded in Moodle course.
- View access status of resource module (Teachers only)
- Teachers of Moodle course can see an access status of resource module.
- Create activity module in Moodle course (Teachers only)
- Teachers can create an activity module in their Moodle courses.
- Submit media to activity module (Students only)
- Each student chooses a media from his/her media gallery, and submit the media as a report.
- Grade submissions (Teachers only)
- Teachers can grade students' reports (submitted media).
- View grade of submission (Students only)
- Each student can view grade of his/her report and feedback message from teacher.
- Embed existing media
- Users can embed their own media into a text area of text editor.
- Upload and embed new media
- Users can upload new media, and embed it into a text area of text editor.
- Record and embed new video (PCs only)
- Users can take new video, and embed it into a text area of text editor.
E-mail address of the Moodle plugins development team, in the Media and Information Technology Center.email@example.com